Sunday, June 7, 2009

MOVIE REVIEW: The Hangover



TRAILER




As I mentioned in my first post, that most likely went unread, I work at a movie theater. So here at Channel Hide I was designated to be the "official" movie reviewer. (Note: I am in no way qualified to critique movies besides the fact I see a lot of them. You may think my taste is shit and that's ok). The first movie I'm going to review is the first big comedy of the summer, The Hangover.

Plot Summary:

It is Todd Phillips' sophmore offering after his hit Old School. The cast features Bradley Cooper (He's Just Not That Into You), Ed Helms (The Office) and Zach Galifianakis (Out Cold) who take their friend Doug (Justin Bartha) to Vegas for his bachelor party two days before the wedding. The Hangover has a rare blend of comedy and mystery.

The comedy part is obvious and the mystery comes in when the guys lose Doug and have to piece together a night they don't remember with clues that they find. Zach Galifianakis steals most of this movie. He plays Doug's future brother-in-law Allen. He plays the awkward, clueless, outcast to perfection. Although most of the humor is crude and raunchy there trio of Cooper, Helms, and Galifianakis are so endearing and sometimes so stupid it's far from offensive.

Final Thoughts:

I saw The Hangover at the midnight release in a nearly sold out theater. It was a great experience all around. Not only was the movie hilarious but the crowd was so into it, the film itself seemed even funnier. This will most likely be the funniest movie of the summer, and obviously a must see.

Rating:

I'd give The Hangover a 4/5.

---



No comments:

Post a Comment